View the interactive digital portfolio:
An interactive online portfolio is available for viewing by click here.
It includes featured video production, email marketing campaigns, social media campaigns and more.
Published Books written by Simon:
- How to Get Sponsorships and Endorsements (2012)
- 15 Minute Rockstar (Winter 2013)
- Organic Marketing (Spring 2014)
Business Documents created by Simon (content, design, layout):
- Anime Convention Industry Press Kit for The Slants - An example of a highly stylized media/press kit for a niche industry.
- Becoming a Better Manager – A training document created for Ames Taping Tools to improve efficiency within the company for all sales managers.
- In the Light Ministries Mexico Packet- An informational packet created for ITLM in 2002 about Mexico.
- Key Account Manager Sales Plan - A plan created for Ames Taping Tools to define and train new key account managers in the company.
- Portland Business Development Plan – A business development plan for Ames Taping Tools before launching a new retail location in the Portland market. Includes developing a sales strategy, customer retention, and marketing. Ames Taping Tools President and CEO Carl Winn instructed the executive staff that this plan should be shared with all staff and Regional Managers in the company and that the tactics be used for all 180+ locations.
Graphic Design/Marketing Campaigns created and managed by Simon:
- Custom Bass Guitar Sweepstakes – A giveaway in collaboration with Fender Music (largest instruments company in the world), Sakuracon (top 10 largest anime conventions in the United States), and Shojo Beat Magazine. Simon designed the bass guitar, created the forms/website to capture the participant’s information (seen here). Over 5,000 contacts were gathered in the top-in list in less than two months.
- SakeOne and The Slants – A co-branded marketing effort that spanned coast to coast with live events, trade shows, concerts, and contests.
- The Slants Battles US Trademark Office- Press release co-written by Simon, which ended up in 150+ media sites including as a full article the front page of the Oregonian (seen here)
- The Slants LLC Newsletter – A custom designed newsletter, engaging over 40,000 recipients (September 2011)
- The Slants Anime Convention Video Press Kit – Video EPK (Electronic Press Kit) for a niche industry. Simon edited, wrote the music score, created all of the content, supervised filming/directed interviews.
Example of Project Management/Website Development
Selected Articles/Press About Simon’s Marketing Tactics
- American Express Business OPEN article, Does Guerrilla Marketing Still Work?
- Entreprenette Gazette article, How to Build Fans on Facebook
- MailerMailer Marketing Specialists 2012 Email Predictions Report
- Teen Business Forum article, How Musicians are Entrepreneurs
- MailMailer profile/article, Email Marketing in 2012: Insights and Predictions from Industry Experts
- “All Things Considered” on NPR (broadcasted on 700+ radio stations) – The Slants: Trading in Stereotypes
- Las Vegas City Life (front cover) – The Slants [dance their cares away]
- Oregonian (front page feature)- Portland Band and the Government ask: What’s in a Name?
- Portland Tribune (front page of Entertainment section) – Slanted Perspective
- Portland Tribune – The Slants Reject $1 Million Contract
- Spinner.com (AOL Music) – The Slants Fight Claims
- Featured in over 1500+ magazines, newspapers, tv shows, and radio stations in 81 countries across six continents.